Re: Could not read block 0 in file - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vijaykumar Jain
Subject Re: Could not read block 0 in file
Date
List pgsql-general

On Fri, 8 Apr 2022 at 15:31, Vijaykumar Jain <vijaykumarjain.github@gmail.com> wrote:

On Fri, 8 Apr 2022 at 15:24, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

On Fri, Apr 8, 2022 at 11:06 AM <friend.have_00@icloud.com> wrote:
Hi,

While we are looking for a suitable backup to recover from, I hope this community may have some other advice on forward steps in case we cannot restore.

RCA: Unexpected shutdown due to critical power failure

Current Issue: The file base/16509/17869 is zero bytes in size.

The error message when running this query is:
ERROR:  could not read block 0 in file "base/16509/17869": read only 0 of 8192 bytes

i guess it is maybe page header/ metadata not the whole file is zero bytes. the data can be recovered then from the blogs?
i may be corrected :)

My bad, sorry did not read the email properly.
The file does exist on the file system, with zero bytes, as do the associated fsm and vm files.

As Magnus suggests, then.