Re: Oracle error log table equivalent in postgresql - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Vijaykumar Jain
Subject Re: Oracle error log table equivalent in postgresql
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Fri, Aug 6, 2021, 5:53 PM <066ce286@free.fr> wrote:
> Hi all,
> I am porting oracle procedures into postgresql code and some oracle
> procedure contain error log table and save exception code. I could
> not find any equivalent of it in postgresql.
>

> Please help if any pointer or lead to its solution.

If I understand correctly,  you want to log exceptions to a table, or assume it is logged to some system table.

I am not sure if there is inbuilt setup that logs the exceptions or any messages to some table.
Everything gets logged to logfile  based on how logging is configured.

There are ways where you can enable csv logging to file and use file_fdw to make it queryable via sql query.