Re: CREATE/REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW planner difference? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Vijaykumar Jain
Subject Re: CREATE/REFRESH MATERIALIZED VIEW planner difference?
Date
List pgsql-general
if you are not using it concurrently, can you confirm the there are *no active* queries on the mv.
refresh requires AccessExclusiveLock and will wait, till it gets one.
just asking if you can rule out the extended time is not due to waiting for lock.

also, can you share the plans  where you see the diff.