Re: Re[3]: On login trigger: take three - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ibrar Ahmed
Subject Re: Re[3]: On login trigger: take three
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 7, 2021 at 5:55 AM Greg Nancarrow <gregn4422@gmail.com> wrote:
On Sun, Jul 4, 2021 at 1:21 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:

> CFBot shows the following failure:
> # poll_query_until timed out executing this query:
> # SELECT '0/3046250' <= replay_lsn AND state = 'streaming' FROM
> pg_catalog.pg_stat_replication WHERE application_name = 'standby_1';
> # expecting this output:
> # t
> # last actual query output:
> # t
> # with stderr:
> # NOTICE: You are welcome!
> # Looks like your test exited with 29 before it could output anything.
> t/001_stream_rep.pl ..................
> Dubious, test returned 29 (wstat 7424, 0x1d00)

Thanks.
I found that the patch was broken by commit f452aaf7d (the part
"adjust poll_query_until to insist on empty stderr as well as a stdout
match").
So I had to remove a "RAISE NOTICE" (which was just an informational
message) from the login trigger function, to satisfy the new
poll_query_until expectations.
Also, I updated a PG14 version check (now must check PG15 version).

Regards,
Greg Nancarrow
Fujitsu Australia

The patch does not apply, and rebase is required.
Hunk #1 FAILED at 93.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/test/regress/expected/sysviews.out.rej

I am not changing the status because it is a minor change and the patch is already "Ready for Committer".

--
Ibrar Ahmed