Re: BUG #16583: merge join on tables with different DB collation behind postgres_fdw fails - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ibrar Ahmed
Subject Re: BUG #16583: merge join on tables with different DB collation behind postgres_fdw fails
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 2:35 PM Etsuro Fujita <etsuro.fujita@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 15, 2021 at 4:17 AM Ibrar Ahmed <ibrar.ahmad@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 1:41 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> Seems to just need an update of the expected-file to account for test
>> cases added recently.  (I take no position on whether the new results
>> are desirable; some of these might be breaking the intent of the case.
>> But this should quiet the cfbot anyway.)

> The test case was added by commit "Add support for asynchronous execution"
> "27e1f14563cf982f1f4d71e21ef247866662a052" by Etsuro Fujita. He can comment
> whether the new results are desirable or not.

The new results aren't what I intended.  I'll update the patch to
avoid that by modifying the original test cases properly, if there are
no objections.

Best regards,
Etsuro Fujita

Thanks Etsuro,

I have changed the status to "Waiting On Author", because patch need changes.
Etsuro, can you make yourself a reviewer/co-author to keep track of that?

--
Ibrar Ahmed