Re: Make recently inserted/updated records available in the buffer/cache - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Hüseyin Demir
Subject Re: Make recently inserted/updated records available in the buffer/cache
Date
List pgsql-performance
Hi,

PostgreSQL decides which pages should be evicted from memory and written to disk with the help of LRU algorithm. Thus, it depends on your query work load. In OLTP systems, the algorithm is beneficial to business requirements(almost :) )

It's hard to figure out that a configuration change will affect the performance in a good way. Maybe, you can use PostgreSQL warmup features in order to make sure the data pages that you need will be available in cache.

Because the results of LRU algorithm can vary depending on your business and system workload.

Best Regards.