Re: Threads With Libpq - Mailing list pgsql-general

From dinesh kumar
Subject Re: Threads With Libpq
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi All ..

It seems Semaphores satisfied my conditions ... Below is the modified behaviour ...

Connection_To_PG()
{
/* Making a connection to PG 9.0 */
}

void* Independent_Thread1()
{
while(1)
{
sleep(5);
/* Doing 1 Insert Operation on Table A*/
sem_post(&Flag);
}
}

void* Independent_Thread2()
{
while(1)
{
sleep(5);
sem_wait(&Flag);
/*Doing 1 Insert Operation on Table B*/
}

main()
{
pthread Ind1,Ind2;
Connection_TO_PG();
pthread_create(&Ind1,NULL,&Independent_Thread1,NULL);
pthread_create(&Ind2,NULL,&Independent_Thread2,NULL);
if(pthread_join(Ind1,NULL)<0)
{
printf("Ind1 is completed");
}
if(pthread_join(Ind2,NULL)<0)
{
printf("Ind2 is completed");
}
}

Thank you all for the wonderful guidance on this ...

Best Regards,
Dinesh
manojadinesh.blogspot.com