Re: Issue with cancel_before_shmem_exit while searching to remove a particular registered exit callbacks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: Issue with cancel_before_shmem_exit while searching to remove a particular registered exit callbacks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Aug 6, 2020 at 11:51 PM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 30, 2020 at 8:11 AM Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Unless somebody complains pretty soon, I'm going to go ahead and do
> > what is described above.
>
> Done.

Thanks!

I have one more request to make: since we are of the opinion to not
change the way cancel_before_shmem_exit() searches
before_shmem_exit_list array, wouldn't it be good to adjust comments
before the function cancel_before_shmem_exit()?

I sent the patch previously[1], but attaching here again, modifies
cancel_before_shmem_exit() function comment to reflect the safe usage
of before_shmem_exit_list callback mechanism and also removes the
point "For simplicity, only the latest entry can be removed*********"
as this gives a meaning that there is still scope for improvement in
cancel_before_shmem_exit() search mechanism.

Thoughts?

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALj2ACVwOKZ8qYUsZrU2y2efnYZOLRxPC6k52FQcB3oriH9Kcg%40mail.gmail.com

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.