Re: Refactor backup related code (was: Is it correct to say, "invalid data in file \"%s\"", BACKUP_LABEL_FILE in do_pg_backup_stop?) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: Refactor backup related code (was: Is it correct to say, "invalid data in file \"%s\"", BACKUP_LABEL_FILE in do_pg_backup_stop?)
Date
In response to Re: Refactor backup related code (was: Is it correct to say, "invalid data in file \"%s\"", BACKUP_LABEL_FILE in do_pg_backup_stop?)  (Bharath Rupireddy <bharath.rupireddyforpostgres@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Sep 18, 2022 at 1:23 PM Bharath Rupireddy

cfbot fails [1] with v6 patch. I made a silly mistake by not checking
the output of "make check-world -j  16" fully, I just saw the end
message "All tests successful." before posting the v6 patch.

The failure is due to perform_base_backup() accessing BackupState's
tablespace_map without a null check, so I fixed it.

Sorry for the noise. Please review the attached v7 patch further.

[1] https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5816966114967552?logs=test_world#L720

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team