Re: can we add subscription TAP test option "vcregress subscriptioncheck" for MSVC builds? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: can we add subscription TAP test option "vcregress subscriptioncheck" for MSVC builds?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 6, 2021 at 7:52 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
> My take is that there is value for both installcheck-world and
> check-world, depending on if we want to test on an installed instance
> or not.  For CIs, check-world makes things simpler perhaps?
>
> > vcregress plcheck
> > vcregress contribcheck
> > vcregress modulescheck
> > vcregress ecpgcheck
> > vcregress isolationcheck
> > vcregress bincheck
> > vcregress recoverycheck
> > vcregress upgradecheck
>
> I don't really see why we should do that, the code paths are the same
> and the sub-routines would still be around, but don't cost much in
> maintenance.

Yeah, they can also be useful if someone wants to run tests
selectively. I'm just thinking that the "vcregress subscriptioncheck"
as proposed in my first email in this thread will also be useful (?)
along with the "vcregress check-world" and "vcregress
installcheck-world". Thoughts?

Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.