Re: Issue with cancel_before_shmem_exit while searching to remove a particular registered exit callbacks - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: Issue with cancel_before_shmem_exit while searching to remove a particular registered exit callbacks
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Sep 7, 2020 at 8:50 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> I think there is agreement that we're not going to change
> cancel_before_shmem_exit's restriction to only allow LIFO popping.
> So we should improve its comment to explain why.  The other thing
> that seems legitimately on-the-table for this CF entry is whether
> we should change cancel_before_shmem_exit to complain, rather than
> silently do nothing, if it fails to pop the stack.  Bharath's
> last patchset proposed to add an elog(DEBUG3) complaint, which
> seems to me to be just about entirely useless.  I'd make it an
> ERROR, or maybe an Assert.

Attaching a patch with both the comments modification and changing
DEBUG3 to ERROR. make check and make world-check passes on this patch.

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

Attachment