Re: pg_receivewal and SIGTERM - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: pg_receivewal and SIGTERM
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Aug 16, 2022 at 5:15 PM Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote:

> > On 16 Aug 2022, at 13:36, Christoph Berg <myon@debian.org> wrote:
>
> >>      pqsignal(SIGINT, sigint_handler);
> >> +    pqsignal(SIGTERM, sigint_handler);
> >> Tiny nitpick, I think we should rename sigint_handler to just sig_handler as it
> >> does handle more than sigint.
> >
> > I went with sigexit_handler since pg_recvlogical has also a
> > sighup_handler and "sig_handler" would be confusing there.
>
> Good point, sigexit_handler is a better name here.

+1.

Don't we need a similar explanation [1] for pg_recvlogical docs?

[1]
   <para>
    In the absence of fatal errors, <application>pg_receivewal</application>
-   will run until terminated by the <systemitem>SIGINT</systemitem> signal
+   will run until terminated by the <systemitem>SIGINT</systemitem>
+   or <systemitem>SIGTERM</systemitem> signal.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
RDS Open Source Databases: https://aws.amazon.com/rds/postgresql/