postgres_fdw - should we tighten up batch_size, fetch_size options against non-numeric values? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject postgres_fdw - should we tighten up batch_size, fetch_size options against non-numeric values?
Date
Re: postgres_fdw - should we tighten up batch_size, fetch_size options against non-numeric values?  (Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@oss.nttdata.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

It looks like the values such as '123.456', '789.123' '100$%$#$#',
'9,223,372,' are accepted and treated as valid integers for
postgres_fdw options batch_size and fetch_size. Whereas this is not
the case with fdw_startup_cost and fdw_tuple_cost options for which an
error is thrown. Attaching a patch to fix that.

With Regards,
Bharath Rupireddy.

Attachment