Re: Switching XLog source from archive to streaming when primary available - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: Switching XLog source from archive to streaming when primary available
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 4:58 PM Bharath Rupireddy

> On Fri, Sep 16, 2022 at 12:06 PM Kyotaro Horiguchi
> <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > In other words, it seems to me that the macro name doesn't manifest
> > the condition correctly.
> >
> > I don't think we don't particularly want to do that unconditionally.
> > I wanted just to get rid of the macro from the usage site.  Even if
> > the same condition is used elsewhere, I see it better to write out the
> > condition directly there..
>
> I wanted to avoid a bit of duplicate code there. How about naming that
> macro IsXLOGSourceSwitchToStreamEnabled() or
> SwitchFromArchiveToStreamEnabled() or just SwitchFromArchiveToStream()
> or any other better name?

SwitchFromArchiveToStreamEnabled() seemed better at this point. I'm
attaching the v7 patch with that change. Please review it further.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team

Attachment