Re: Inconsistency in reporting checkpointer stats - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bharath Rupireddy
Subject Re: Inconsistency in reporting checkpointer stats
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Dec 20, 2022 at 11:08 PM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> On 2022-12-20 08:18:36 -0500, Robert Haas wrote:
> > I think that the SLRU information is potentially useful, but mixing it
> > with the information about regular buffers just seems confusing.
>
> +1
>
> At least for now, it'd be different if/when we manage to move SLRUs to
> the main buffer pool.

+1 to not count SLRU writes in ckpt_bufs_written. If needed we can
have new fields CheckpointStats.ckpt_slru_bufs_written and
PendingCheckpointerStats.slru_buf_written_checkpoint.

--
Bharath Rupireddy
PostgreSQL Contributors Team