Re: Cost Model - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From neto brpr
Subject Re: Cost Model
Date
Re: Cost Model  ("David G. Johnston" <david.g.johnston@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Dear David
I have read documentation that you send, but it has only sequential page cost and random page cost parameters. What I need, would be a model of custo for Differentiate Read/Write (sequential and random), because in SSDs the reads and writes have different costs. If you or someone knows a patch or other solution, that allows you to configure individual parameters to:

- Sequential reading page cost
- cost of the random reading page
- sequential recording page cost
- Random recording page cost