Re: Remove HeapTuple and Buffer dependency for predicate locking functions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashwin Agrawal
Subject Re: Remove HeapTuple and Buffer dependency for predicate locking functions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jan 27, 2020 at 4:47 PM Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@gmail.com> wrote:
OK, I kept only the small comment change from that little fixup patch,
and pushed this.

> I had proposed as alternative way in initial email and also later,
> didn't receive comment on that, so re-posting.

> typedef bool (*AMCheckForSerializableConflictOutCallback) (void *arg);
> Just due to void* callback argument aspect I didn't prefer that
> solution and felt AM performing checks and calling
> CheckForSerializableConflictOut() seems better.  Please let me know
> how you feel about this.

Yeah.  We could always come back to this idea if it looks better once
we have more experience with new table AMs.

Sounds good. Thank You!