Re: pgAdmin 3.0 builds - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Chris Marx
Subject Re: pgAdmin 3.0 builds
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
@dpage Ok, wow, I did read that, but I didn't read it as "only utilizes" the browser, this is a huge change for everyone in my office, and no one caught that message in the release notes. Also, on a mac, it's not called the "system tray", which probably adds to the confusion for all us mac users here, the icon shows up in the "menu bar" - https://support.apple.com/kb/PH25077?locale=en_US

On Tue, Apr 17, 2018 at 11:48 AM, Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org> wrote:

Hi Christoph,

On Tue, 2018-04-17 at 16:23 +0200, Christoph Berg wrote:
> Packages for pgadmin4 3.0 will appear on the mirrors in about one hour.

Great!

Just a FYI -- I am about add two new subpackages to pgAdmin4 RPMs:

- pgadmin4-desktop-common
- pgadmin4-desktop-gnome

I aimed to split desktop components into their subpackages, in order to:

* For "server-only" users, do not require qt libraries.
* For desktop users: Require topicons only on GNOME

Just in case you want to do the same.

Regards,
-
Devrim Gündüz
EnterpriseDB: https://www.enterprisedb.com
PostgreSQL Consultant, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Chris Marx
ZevRoss - Know Your Data
Data Science & Spatial Analysis
New website: www.zevross.com