Call for Speakers - PostgreSQL at FOSSASIA OpenTechSummit, Singapore,March 22-25, 2018 - Mailing list pgsql-announce

From Mario Behling
Subject Call for Speakers - PostgreSQL at FOSSASIA OpenTechSummit, Singapore,March 22-25, 2018
Date
List pgsql-announce
Hello,

we are happy to accept speaker proposals for the PostgreSQL Database
Track for the FOSSASIA Open Tech Summit, Asia’s leading Open
Technology conference for developers, companies, and IT professionals
with more than 3000 attendees. The event will take place from Friday
22nd – Sunday, 25th March in Singapore.

For the database track we are looking for speaker submissions about
PostgreSQL, including but not limited to: case studies, experiences,
tools and utilities, new feature development, benchmarks, performance
tuning, working with DevOps, and running PostgreSQL in the cloud. An
exhibition space is available for company and project stands, and
assemblies.

https://2018.fossasia.org/speaker-registration/

More details below. See you in Singapore!

- Hong Phuc and Mario

SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
===

Please propose your session as early as possible and include a
description of your session proposal that is as complete as possible.
The description is of particular importance for the selection. Once
accepted, speakers will receive a code for a speakers ticket. Speakers
will receive a free speakers ticket and two standard tickets for their
partner or friends. Sessions are accepted on an ongoing basis.

DATES AND DEADLINES
====

* Deadline for submissions: December 27th, 2017
* Late submissions: Later submissions are possible, but early
submissions have priority
* Notification of acceptance: Ongoing basis
* Schedule Announced: January 20, 2018
* Dedicated PostgreSQL Track: Sat, March 23rd, 2018
* FOSSASIA Open Tech Summit: March 22nd – 25th, 2018 (PostgreSQL
Feature Talks in Main Track)

TRACK COMMITTEE
===

Amit Kapila (EnterpriseDB), Amit Langote (NTT DATA Services), Mario
Behling (FOSSASIA), Stephen Frost (Crunchy Data), Tatsuo Ishii (SRA
OSS)

SESSIONS AND TRACKS
===

* Talks and Workshops

Talk slots are 20 minutes long in the main hall plus 5-10 minutes for
questions and answers. In the PostgreSQL room slots can also be 40
minutes. To conduct workshops you can also sign up for either a 1-hour
long or a 2-hours session. Please tell us the proposed length of your
session at the time of submission. There is a comment field in case
your desired session length is not indicated in the form.

* Stands and Assemblies

We offer spaces in our exhibition area for companies, projects,
installations, team gatherings and other fun activities. We are
curious to know what you would like to make, bring or show. Please add
details in the submission form.

* Developer Rooms/Track Hosts

Get in touch early if you plan to organize a developer room at the
event. FOSSASIA is also looking for team members who are interested to
co-host and moderate tracks. Please sign up to become a host here:
https://2018.fossasia.org/volunteers/

PUBLICATION
===

Audio and video recordings of the lectures will be published in
various formats under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0
International (CC BY 4.0) license. This license allows commercial use
by media institutions as part of their reporting. If you do not wish
for material from your lecture to be published or streamed, please let
us know in your submission.

SPONSORSHIP & CONTACT
===

Our call for sponsors
(https://2018.fossasia.org/FOSSASIA18-Sponsorship.pdf) is also open
and we are looking for sponsors for the PostgreSQL track as well as
the main conference itself! Please contact us at office@fossasia.org
to discuss sponsorship opportunities.

LINKS

===