Re: Exit code -1073741819 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sergey Konoplev
Subject Re: Exit code -1073741819
Date
List pgsql-general
On Wed, Aug 7, 2013 at 2:46 PM, Carlos Henrique Reimer
<carlos.reimer@opendb.com.br> wrote:
> Could finally fix it. Used the binary search approach to identify the wrong
> tuples and removed them by ctid, 9 rows were removed and all of them
> belonged to the same block.

It is good. I still highly recommend to recreate the table, because
the corruption might implicitly affect page headers too.

> I believe it is not easy to identify the root cause for the corruption but
> does any one have some directions I could follow to identify the root cause
> in order to prevent it to happen again?

Check logs, both system and postgres, for suspicious activity, find
out if there were any power problems, server resets, etc.

Upgrade your cluster to the latest version first of all, install a
RAID controller with BBU, perform periodical SQL backups, and the PITR
backups to be able to restore on a particular moment of time.

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

Profile: http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
Phone: USA +1 (415) 867-9984, Russia +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
Skype: gray-hemp
Jabber: gray.ru@gmail.com