Re: Find datatype of a column during the backend flow - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Sergey Konoplev
Subject Re: Find datatype of a column during the backend flow
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Sat, Nov 9, 2013 at 7:27 AM, Ishaya Bhatt <ishayabhatt@gmail.com> wrote:
>      In the sorting code, I need to determine the datatype of my sort keys
> and call some code conditionally based on the datatype. Is there any way to
> determine the datatype of a column from the backend PostGreSQL code. I am
> aware of the methods PSQLexec() and PQftype() but am unable to figure out
> how to call these functions from the backend. Any help on this or any other
> method to determine datatype would be very much appreciated.

You could probably use  polymorphic stored functions to execute
different code depending on types.

Could you please provide a query?

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
+1 (415) 867-9984, +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
gray.ru@gmail.com