Re: Massive table bloat - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Sergey Konoplev
Subject Re: Massive table bloat
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi all,

For those who are interested in pgcompactor - v1.0rc1 is out.

It contains a lot of improvements and has already been tested on a
plenty of databases.

The list of changes is below:

2013-02-01 v1.0rc1

- Refactored information files, PgToolkit is released under the
PostgreSQL License now
- Improved error messages, help hints and options' warnings
- Added -V (--version) functionality
- Fixed the bug with storage parameters on tables and indexes
- Removed useless information from compacting results
- Added bloat information to the messages about reindex impossibility
- Made sizes pretty printed (kB, MB, GB, TB)
- Moved skipping messages to the INFO level
- Fixed the infinity loop on the size change check bug
- Fixed the bug when reindex is skipped if table was not compacted but
will be skipped the next round
- Fixed the bug of reindexing when --dry-run is specified
- Optimized the pgstattuple based bloat calculation
- Refactored autonomous scripts building facilities, now the scripts
are available straight from the fatpack/ directory
- Fixed the error when 0 or 1 pages left
- Fix the silent --man and --help problem
- Separated completion statistics and warnings
- Added a basic processing of the cases with tables/indexes deletion
in the process of compacting
- Fixed the reindex syntax and added a comment with database name
- Fixed the partial indexes reindexing
- Increased verbosity on connection errors (thanks to ruralhunter)
- Made it use .pgpass and environment variables (thanks to
ruralhunter)
- Refactored the psql adapter to bidirectional communication what
increased processing speed dramatically
- Got rid of the final exception in the cleaning stored function
(thanks to Lonni Friedman)