Re: Replication failed after stalling - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sergey Konoplev
Subject Re: Replication failed after stalling
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Dec 30, 2013 at 12:27 AM, Albe Laurenz <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> wrote:
> Joe Van Dyk wrote:
>> If I run "COPY (select * from complicate_view) to stdout" on the standby, I've noticed that sometimes
>> halts replication updates to the slave.
>>
>> For example, that's happening right now and "now() - pg_last_xact_replay_timestamp()" is 22 minutes.
>> There's many transactions per second being committed on the master. Once that query is canceled, the
>> slave catches up immediately.
>
> You have hot_standby_feedback = on, right?
>
> In that case that is expected behaviour.
> Some change on the master conflicted with the query on the standby,
> perhaps with a tuple cleaned up after a HOT update.  Replication will
> stall until the query is done.

IIRC, the applying process is paused but the receiving one is going on
in this case, isn't it?

--
Kind regards,
Sergey Konoplev

http://www.linkedin.com/in/grayhemp
+1 (415) 867-9984, +7 (901) 903-0499, +7 (988) 888-1979
gray.ru@gmail.com