Re: NOTIFY/LISTEN on server, asynchronous processing - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Sergey Konoplev
Subject Re: NOTIFY/LISTEN on server, asynchronous processing
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 11:29 AM, rektide <rektide@voodoowarez.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have suggestions for decoupling work done on a server, for breaking up a task
> into multiple asychronous pieces? I believe I've described 1. a viable if ugly means of
> doing so, and 2. limitations in the primary asynchronous toolsuite of Postgres, and am
> looking for ways to make more progress.

Use PgQ (http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PGQ_Tutorial) for this
purpose. It is simple to implement solution and it will allow you to
preserve your queries between server restarts.

--
Sergey Konoplev
Database and Software Architect

Phones: