Re: BUG #16867: savepoints vs. commit and chain - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Arthur Nascimento
Subject Re: BUG #16867: savepoints vs. commit and chain
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Mon, 15 Feb 2021 at 17:54, PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> On a trivial transaction, I might do:
>
> =# begin;
> *=# commit and chain;
> *=# -- In this point I'm inside a second transaction

I forgot to mention that this case also works as expected:

=# begin;
*=# savepoint foo;
*=# release foo;
*=# commit and chain;
*=# -- In this point I'm also inside a second transaction

So it's only the unmatched savepoint/release transactions that are an issue.

I also attached the change I did to psql locally. But since it didn't
solve the issue, it's mostly for curiosity's sake.

Thanks,
Tureba - Arthur Nascimento

Attachment