Re: Unit tests for SLRU - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Pavel Borisov
Subject Re: Unit tests for SLRU
Date
List pgsql-hackers
пт, 1 апр. 2022 г. в 07:47, Noah Misch <noah@leadboat.com>:
On Thu, Mar 31, 2022 at 05:30:41PM +0300, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> I used src/test/modules/test_* modules as an example.

> If time permits, please take a quick look at the patch and let me know
> if I'm moving the right direction. There will be more tests in the
> final version, but I would appreciate an early feedback.

The default place for this kind of test is regress.c, with plain "make check"
calling the regress.c function.  src/test/modules is for things requiring an
extension module or otherwise unable to run through regress.c.
+1 for placement c functions into regress.c if it's possible for the aim of simplification.

--
Best regards,
Pavel Borisov

Postgres Professional: http://postgrespro.com