Re: Unquoted column names fold to lower case - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Dev Kumkar
Subject Re: Unquoted column names fold to lower case
Date
List pgsql-sql
Resending

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 2:42 PM, Dev Kumkar <devdas.kumkar@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

All unquoted identifiers are assumed by PostgreSQL to be lower case by default. This means
- SELECT MY_COLUMN FROM my_table
- SELECT my_column FROM my_table
- SELECT my_column as MY_COLUMN FROM my_table
All refer to my_column and has column name in lowercase as my_column.

If the aliases are in upper case and quoted then those are returned in upper case.
- SELECT my_column as "MY_COLUMN" FROM my_table

Is there any workaround to set the alias columns to be returned as upper case without adding quotes. Is there any connection level parameter to flip this behavior?

Thanks in advance!

Regards...