Re: Unquoted column names fold to lower case - Mailing list pgsql-sql

From Dev Kumkar
Subject Re: Unquoted column names fold to lower case
Date
List pgsql-sql
On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 8:54 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
Agreed.  The original poster specifically wanted "MYTABLE" and mytable
to be the same, not "mytable" and mytable.  Postgres is certainly
non-standard in this area.  I think the ability visiually distinguish
lower-case letters better than upper-case letters has led to our
behavior.

Not really, actually am looking for column aliases here and not the table. Here is the example again when the aliases are unquoted:
- SELECT my_column as MY_COLUMN FROM my_table

The above SELECT will fold the alias name as my_column and not MY_COLUMN.

Regards...