Re: unixODBC library "odbcinst" not found when configuring psqlodbc-09.01.0100 - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Dev Kumkar
Subject Re: unixODBC library "odbcinst" not found when configuring psqlodbc-09.01.0100
Date
List pgsql-odbc
On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 12:08 AM, Dev Kumkar <devdas.kumkar@gmail.com> wrote:
On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 11:26 PM, Mike Landl <mlandl@4glsol.com> wrote:

I am trying to build psqlodbc-09.01.0100.tar from source on Red Hat ES 6.3, gcc version 4.4.7-3. When I run “./configure –without-libpq” it fails with the following output:

./configure --without-libpq

checking ...

checking ...

checking ...

configure: error: unixODBC library "odbcinst" not found

I can provide the contents of config.log if required but it is rather large.

I have unixODBC version 2.2.11 installed. odbc_config –version confirms this.

Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.

What output you get for following:
1) which odbc_config
2) odbc_config --libs

Also did you try to export following and then building psqlODBC:
export LDFLAGS=<output of #2 above>

for example:
# export LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib

Also you could add --with-unixodbc=/usr/local in ./configure.

By the way any particular reason to use –without-libpq option?

Regards...