Re: PK referenced function - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Agustin Larreinegabe
Subject Re: PK referenced function
Date
List pgsql-general
This is what I did with your help,
So with this function you can know if a PK in table_from is referenced in x table with CONSTRAINT FOREIGN KEY

Just if someone needs

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION referenced_in (
  in_id bigint,
  in_schema_from varchar,
  in_table_from varchar
)
RETURNS TABLE (
  is_referenced_in_table varchar,
  in_row_with_pk bigint
) AS
$body$
DECLARE
v_foreign_tables record;
sql varchar;
BEGIN

FOR v_foreign_tables IN SELECT distinct
    tc.table_schema,tc.table_name, kcu.column_name,
    ccu.table_schema foreign_table_schema,ccu.table_name AS foreign_table_name,
    ccu.column_name AS foreign_column_name
FROM
    information_schema.table_constraints AS tc
    JOIN information_schema.key_column_usage
        AS kcu ON tc.constraint_name = kcu.constraint_name
    JOIN information_schema.constraint_column_usage
        AS ccu ON ccu.constraint_name = tc.constraint_name
WHERE constraint_type = 'FOREIGN KEY' and ccu.table_name=in_table_from and ccu.table_schema=in_schema_from
LOOP

sql='Select '||quote_literal(v_foreign_tables.table_schema||'.'||v_foreign_tables.table_name)||'::varchar,id from '||v_foreign_tables.table_schema||'.'||v_foreign_tables.table_name||' where '||v_foreign_tables.column_name||'='||in_id;

RETURN QUERY EXECUTE sql;

END LOOP;
END;
$body$