Re: free C string - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zhihong Yu
Subject Re: free C string
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 10:17 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Zhihong Yu <zyu@yugabyte.com> writes:
> I was looking at fmgr_internal_validator().
> It seems prosrc is only used internally.
> The patch frees the C string prosrc points to, prior to returning.

There's really very little point in adding such code.  Our memory
context mechanisms take care of minor leaks like this, with less
code and fewer cycles expended than explicit pfree calls require.
It's worth trying to clean up explicitly in code that might get
executed many times in a row, or might be allocating very big
temporary chunks; but fmgr_internal_validator hardly falls in
that category.

                        regards, tom lane
Hi,
How about this occurrence which is in a loop ?

Thanks
Attachment