Re: handling multiple matching constraints in DetachPartitionFinalize() - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zhihong Yu
Subject Re: handling multiple matching constraints in DetachPartitionFinalize()
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 10:53 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
On 2022-Aug-23, Zhihong Yu wrote:

> This is what I came up with.

I suggest you provide a set of SQL commands that provoke some wrong
behavior with the original code, and show that they generate good
behavior after the patch.  Otherwise, it's hard to evaluate the
usefulness of this.

--
Álvaro Herrera        Breisgau, Deutschland  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Puedes vivir sólo una vez, pero si lo haces bien, una vez es suficiente"

Toggling enable_seqscan on / off using the example from `parenting a PK constraint to a self-FK one` thread, it can be shown that different constraint Id would be detached which is incorrect.
However, I am not sure whether toggling enable_seqscan mid-test is legitimate.

Cheers