Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zhihong Yu
Subject Re: Implementing Incremental View Maintenance
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Feb 3, 2022 at 8:28 AM Yugo NAGATA <nagata@sraoss.co.jp> wrote:
Hi,

On Thu, 13 Jan 2022 18:23:42 +0800
Julien Rouhaud <rjuju123@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> On Thu, Nov 25, 2021 at 04:37:10PM +0900, Yugo NAGATA wrote:
> > On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 04:31:25 +0000
> > "r.takahashi_2@fujitsu.com" <r.takahashi_2@fujitsu.com> wrote:
> >

> > > I checked the same procedure on v24 patch.
> > > But following error occurs instead of the original error.
> > >
> > > ERROR:  relation "ivm_t_index" already exists
> >
> > Thank you for pointing out it!
> >
> > Hmmm, an index is created when IMMV is defined, so CREAE INDEX called
> > after this would fail... Maybe, we should not create any index automatically
> > if IMMV is created WITH NO DATA.
> >
> > I'll fix it after some investigation.
>
> Are you still investigating on that problem?  Also, the patchset doesn't apply
> anymore:

I attached the updated and rebased patch set.

I fixed to not create a unique index when an IMMV is created WITH NO DATA.
Instead, the index is created by REFRESH WITH DATA only when the same one
is not created yet.

Also, I fixed the documentation to describe that foreign tables and partitioned
tables are not supported according with Takahashi-san's suggestion.

> There isn't any answer to your following email summarizing the feature yet, so
> I'm not sure what should be the status of this patch, as there's no ideal
> category for that.  For now I'll change the patch to Waiting on Author on the
> cf app, feel free to switch it back to Needs Review if you think it's more
> suitable, at least for the design discussion need.

I changed the status to Needs Review.

Hi,
Did you intend to attach updated patch ?

I don't seem to find any.

FYI