Re: freeing LDAPMessage in CheckLDAPAuth - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zhihong Yu
Subject Re: freeing LDAPMessage in CheckLDAPAuth
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Sun, Sep 4, 2022 at 12:25 AM Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
On Sun, Sep 04, 2022 at 01:52:10AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> I can't get too excited about this.  All of the error exit paths in
> backend authentication code will lead immediately to process exit, so
> the possibility of some memory being leaked really has no consequences
> worth worrying about.  If we *were* worried about it, sprinkling a few
> more ldap_msgfree() calls into the existing code would hardly make it
> more bulletproof.

Even if this is not critical in the backend for this authentication
path, I'd like to think that it is still a good practice for future
code so as anything code-pasted around would get the call.  So I see
no reason to not put smth on HEAD at least.
Hi,
Here is updated patch as you suggested in your previous email.

Thanks
Attachment