Re: search_plan_tree(): handling of non-leaf CustomScanState nodes causes segfault - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Zhihong Yu
Subject Re: search_plan_tree(): handling of non-leaf CustomScanState nodes causes segfault
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi, Tom:
I was thinking that, if sstate->ss_currentRelation is null for the other cases, that would be a bug.
An assertion can be added for the cases ending with T_TidScanState.
Though, the null sstate->ss_currentRelation would surface immediately (apart from assertion). So I omitted the assertion in the diff.

Cheers

On Mon, Jan 18, 2021 at 12:16 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
Zhihong Yu <zyu@yugabyte.com> writes:
> It seems sstate->ss_currentRelation being null can only
> occur for T_ForeignScanState and T_CustomScanState.
> What about the following change ?

Seems like more code for no very good reason.