Re: BUG #15658: Window Function in a left join using AS or alias for the cloumn name - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Justin
Subject Re: BUG #15658: Window Function in a left join using AS or alias for the cloumn name
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello Tom
attached is the SQL file for the 4 tables.  if you need data not a problem the data in the table is junk/test entries

also attached is the screen shot of the error in pgadmin then the same command run without the AS
image.png
image.png

On Tue, Feb 26, 2019 at 5:56 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> I believe I found an obscure bug with the window function

Hm, could we see a self-contained example, ie with the underlying
table/view definitions too?  Probably don't need any sample data
for this type of problem, but I'm unexcited about trying to reverse-
engineer your table definitions enough to reproduce the problem.

> The error occurs when I put the query into a LEFT JOIN:

> select counts.count,
>       caldetail.*, calprorules_desired_value, calprorules_stdpreceision,

I'm wondering why this didn't already fail at "counts.count", because with
the "AS howmany" in place, that sub-select isn't returning any column
named "count".  I kind of suspect user error due to ambiguous column
names, but the details aren't obvious.

                        regards, tom lane
Attachment