Re: Install different directory issues - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Justin
Subject Re: Install different directory issues
Date
List pgsql-general
I'm not that knowledgeable of  Redhat  paths
here is how i would start
first find the daemon or systemd  postgresql.service files.  on debian these are located in /etc/init.d or /etc/systemd    if the files exist modify them to the correct paths if they do not exist the install went very side-ways  uninstall and and try again and read help files regarding the command line switches to change the install path

If the the files are and paths are correct the something else went wrong.   either failed to register the daemon or initdb failed which will cause the service to fail to start.

try to  start postgres from the command prompt.  it will throw errors giving you an idea what the problem is

on debian logs are located in /var/log/postgresql/versionnumber/