Re: POC PATCH: copy from ... exceptions to: (was Re: VLDB Features) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Damir Belyalov
Subject Re: POC PATCH: copy from ... exceptions to: (was Re: VLDB Features)
Date
Re: POC PATCH: copy from ... exceptions to: (was Re: VLDB Features)  (zhihuifan1213@163.com)
Re: POC PATCH: copy from ... exceptions to: (was Re: VLDB Features)  (Andrei Lepikhov <a.lepikhov@postgrespro.ru>)
List pgsql-hackers
 Here is a very straw-man-level sketch of what I think might work.
 The option to COPY FROM looks something like

      ERRORS TO other_table_name (item [, item [, ...]])

I tried to implement the patch using a table and came across a number of questions.

Which table should we implement for this feature: a system catalog table or store this table as a file or create a new table?

In these cases, security and user rights management issues arise.
It is better for other users not to see error lines from another user. It is also not clear how access rights to this table are inherited and be given.

--
Regards,
Damir Belyalov