Re: 9.2rc1 produces incorrect results - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vik Reykja
Subject Re: 9.2rc1 produces incorrect results
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 6:09 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
I wrote:
> I think probably the best fix is to rejigger things so that Params
> assigned by different executions of SS_replace_correlation_vars and
> createplan.c can't share PARAM_EXEC numbers.  This will result in
> rather larger ecxt_param_exec_vals arrays at runtime, but the array
> entries aren't very large, so I don't think it'll matter.

Attached is a draft patch against HEAD for this.  I think it makes the
planner's handling of outer-level Params far less squishy than it's ever
been, but it is rather a large change.  Not sure whether to risk pushing
it into 9.2 right now, or wait till after we cut 9.2.0 ... thoughts?

I am not in a position to know what's best for the project but my company can't upgrade (from 9.0) until this is fixed.  We'll wait for 9.2.1 if we have to.  After all, we skipped 9.1.