Re: Corrected documentation of data type for the logical replication message formats. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From vignesh C
Subject Re: Corrected documentation of data type for the logical replication message formats.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 31, 2021 at 2:30 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> writes:
> [ v6-0001-Included-the-actual-datatype-used-in-logical-repl.patch ]
>
> I see what you want to do here, but the way you did it seems quite
> detrimental to the readability of the field descriptions.
> Parenthesized interjections should be used sparingly.
>
> I'm inclined to think that the equivalent data type is part of the
> field data type specification, and thus that we ought to put it in
> the data type part of each entry.  So we'd have something like
>
> <varlistentry>
> <term>
>         Int64 (XLogRecPtr)
> </term>
> <listitem>
> <para>
>                 The final LSN of the transaction.
> </para>
> </listitem>
> </varlistentry>

I made changes based on the feedback, since Peter also was in favour
of using this approach, I modified based on the first approach.
Attached v7 patch has the changes for the same.

Regards,
Vignesh

Attachment