Re: pg_stat_get_replication_slot() marked not strict, crashes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From vignesh C
Subject Re: pg_stat_get_replication_slot() marked not strict, crashes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Mar 27, 2022 at 2:54 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working to increase the test coverage of pgstat related stuff higher (for
> the shared memory stats patch, of course).
>
> "Accidentally" noticed that
>   SELECT * FROM pg_stat_get_replication_slot(NULL);
> crashes.  This is present in HEAD and 14.
>
> I guess we'll have to add a code-level check in 14 to deal with this?

This problem is reproducible in both PG14 & Head, changing isstrict
solves the problem. In PG14 should we also add a check in
pg_stat_get_replication_slot so that it can solve the problem for the
existing users who have already installed PG14 or will this be handled
automatically when upgrading to the new version.

Regards,
Vignesh

Attachment