Re: Operation log for major operations - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From vignesh C
Subject Re: Operation log for major operations
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, 5 Dec 2022 at 13:42, Dmitry Koval <d.koval@postgrespro.ru> wrote:

> Hi!
>
>  >I think storing this in pg_control is a bad idea.  That file is
>  >extremely critical and if you break it, you're pretty much SOL on
>  >recovering your data.  I suggest that this should use a separate file.
>
> Thanks. Operation log location changed to 'global/pg_control_log' (if
> the name is not pretty, it can be changed).
>
> I attached the patch (v2-0001-Operation-log.patch) and description of
> operation log (Operation-log.txt).

The patch does not apply on top of HEAD as in [1], please post a rebased patch:
=== Applying patches on top of PostgreSQL commit ID
ff23b592ad6621563d3128b26860bcb41daf9542 ===
=== applying patch ./v2-0001-Operation-log.patch
patching file src/tools/msvc/Mkvcbuild.pm
Hunk #1 FAILED at 134.
1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file src/tools/msvc/Mkvcbuild.pm.rej

[1] - http://cfbot.cputube.org/patch_41_4018.log

Regards,
Vignesh