Re: psql ctrl+f skips displaying of one record and displays skippingone line - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From vignesh C
Subject Re: psql ctrl+f skips displaying of one record and displays skippingone line
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Thanks Tom.
That sounds good to me.

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 10:17 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> writes:
> I'm able to get the same behaviour in centos as well.
> Should we do anything to handle this in Postgres or any documentation
> required?

It already is documented:

    PSQL_PAGER
    PAGER

        If a query's results do not fit on the screen, they are piped
        through this command. Typical values are more or less. Use of the
        pager can be disabled by setting PSQL_PAGER or PAGER to an empty
        string, or by adjusting the pager-related options of the \pset
        command. These variables are examined in the order listed; the
        first that is set is used. If none of them is set, the default is
        to use more on most platforms, but less on Cygwin.

We're certainly not going to copy four or five different versions
of the "more" and "less" man pages into psql's man page, if that's
what you're suggesting.  Nor is it our job to point out shortcomings
in some versions of those man pages.

Regards,
vignesh
                          Have a nice day