Re: psql ctrl+f skips displaying of one record and displays skippingone line - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From vignesh C
Subject Re: psql ctrl+f skips displaying of one record and displays skippingone line
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I'm able to get the same behaviour in centos as well.
Should we do anything to handle this in Postgres or any documentation required?

On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 10:05 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Pretty sure this is coming from your system's pager.  You can see the
> same thing when you run this on a RHEL box:
> seq 1 10000 | more
> It skips a line each time you press ^F.

Yeah, duplicated on RHEL6.  It seems to behave the same as the documented
"s" command.  Not sure why it's not listed in the man page --- though
there's a disclaimer saying that the man page was basically
reverse-engineered, so maybe they just missed this synonym.

> Doesn't happen on FreeBSD or macOS though.

macOS's "more" is actually "less", so it's not surprising it's not
bug-compatible.  Can't say about FreeBSD.

Regards,
vignesh
                          Have a nice day