Re: Added schema level support for publication. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From vignesh C
Subject Re: Added schema level support for publication.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 30, 2021 at 12:12 PM Amit Kapila <amit.kapila16@gmail.com> wrote:

> Okay, I got it but let's add few comments in the code related to it.
> Also, I noticed that the code in InvalidatePublicationRels() already
> exists in AlterPublicationOptions(). You can try to refactor the
> existing code as a separate initial patch.

I have made these changes at the v23 patch attached at [1].

> BTW, I noticed that "for all tables", we don't register invalidations
> in the above scenario, and then later that causes conflict on the
> subscriber. I think that is a bug in the current code and we can deal
> with that separately.

I agree that the cache invalidation has been missed in case of "for all tables" publication, I have fixed these and posted a patch for the same at [2].

[1] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALDaNm0xmqJeQEfV5Wnj2BawM%3DsdFdfOXz5N%2BgGG3WB6k9%3Dtdw%40mail.gmail.com
[2] - https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CALDaNm0zkQznFrxzHBoWZUGsf%3DnKSxhEZZhZ1eTDWLpFok6zZw%40mail.gmail.com

Regards,
Vigneshhas