Re: Asynchronous execution support for Custom Scan - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From vignesh C
Subject Re: Asynchronous execution support for Custom Scan
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, 2 Dec 2022 at 05:05, Kohei KaiGai <kaigai@heterodb.com> wrote:

> > > IIUC, we already can use ctid in the where clause on the latest
> > > PostgreSQL, can't we?
> >
> > Oh, sorry, I missed the TidRangeScan. My apologies for the noise.
> >
> I made the ctidscan extension when we developed CustomScan API
> towards v9.5 or v9.6, IIRC. It would make sense just an example of
> CustomScan API (e.g, PG-Strom code is too large and complicated
> to learn about this API), however, makes no sense from the standpoint
> of the functionality.

This patch has been moving from one CF to another CF without any
discussion happening. It has been more than one year since any
activity in this thread. I don't see there is much interest in this
patch. I prefer to return this patch in this CF unless someone is
interested in the patch and takes it forward.

Regards,
Vignesh