Re: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION - add missing test case - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From vignesh C
Subject Re: CREATE SUBSCRIPTION - add missing test case
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, 15 Aug 2024 at 12:55, Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Hackers,
>
> While reviewing another logical replication thread [1], I found an
> ERROR scenario that seems to be untested.
>
> TEST CASE: Attempt CREATE SUBSCRIPTION where the subscriber table is
> missing some expected column(s).
>
> Attached is a patch to add the missing test for this error message.

I agree currently there is no test to hit this code. I'm not sure if
this is the correct location for the test, should it be included in
the 008_diff_schema.pl file? Additionally, the commenting style for
this test appears quite different from the others. Could we use a
commenting style consistent with the earlier tests?

Regards,
Vignesh