Re: Copyright information in source files - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From vignesh C
Subject Re: Copyright information in source files
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Nov 24, 2019 at 7:24 AM John Naylor <john.naylor@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 23, 2019 at 11:39 PM vignesh C <vignesh21@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >  * Copyright (c) 2016-2019, PostgreSQL Global Development Group
>
> While we're talking about copyrights, I noticed while researching
> something else that the PHP project recently got rid of all the
> copyright years from their files, which is one less thing to update
> and one less cause of noise in the change log for rarely-changed
> files. Is there actually a good reason to update the year?

That idea sounds good to me. Also that way no need to update the year
every year or can we mention using current to indicate the latest
year, something like:
* Copyright (c) 2016-current, PostgreSQL Global Development Group

Regards,
Vignesh