Re: Logical Replication of sequences - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From vignesh C
Subject Re: Logical Replication of sequences
Date
Re: Logical Replication of sequences
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 6 Aug 2024 at 14:38, Peter Smith <smithpb2250@gmail.com> wrote:

> Here are some review comments for the patch v20240805_2-0003.
>
> 4a.
> Is there a way to give more helpful information by identifying what
> was different in the log? OTOH, maybe it would become too messy if
> there were multiple differences...

I had considered this while implementing and did not implement it to
print each of the parameters because it will be too messy. I felt
existing is better.

> 7. More test cases?
> IIUC you can also get a sequence mismatch warning during "ALTER ...
> REFRESH PUBLICATION", and "CREATE SUBSCRIPTION". So, should those be
> tested also?

Since it won't add any extra coverage, I feel no need to add this test.

The remaining comments have been addressed, and the changes are
included in the attached v20240807 version patch.

Regards,
Vignesh

Attachment