Re: postgres and xquery - Mailing list pgsql-general

From kristian kvilekval
Subject Re: postgres and xquery
Date
Re: postgres and xquery  (Merlin Moncure <mmoncure@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-general
I was really hoping to see be able to store several ten's of millions XML documents in postgres, but I would also like to use Xquery to retrieve results.  Back in 2010 there was some mailing list discussion about using integrating the xquery processor of zorba into postgres.  I was trying to gauge the interest level and if anybody had attempted it.  As you say, JSON has stolen all the thunder, and in fact the Zorba people have worked on JSONiq (an xquery processor for JSON data structures), but our project uses XML.    We like the flexibility you get with Xquery and I am looking around for some solutions.